Evacuation ORDER issued for 10,000-17,000 blocks of Mabel Lake Forest Service Road, including properties known as Cottonwoods
Based upon the recommendation from the BC Wildfire Service, the Regional District of North Okanagan (RDNO) has declared a state of local emergency an Evacuation ORDER has been issued by Regional District North Okanagan (RDNO) at the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) due to the Bunting Road wildfire on the east side of Mabel Lake (#K41561).
Members of the local police department and other applicable agencies will be expediting this action. The RDNO does not expect that the Evacuation ORDER will be lifted in the short term, and evacuees will not have access to their houses while the order is in place, therefore bring your pets and important items with you.
Because of the immediate danger to life safety the Evacuation ORDER is in effect for the following areas:
10,000 block -17,000 block of Mabel Lake Forest Service road, aka Lumby Mabel Lake Road, including properties known as Cottonwoods
Please see attached map.
IF YOU ARE IN THIS AREA, YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
What you should do:
- Follow the travel route provided below, and follow these instructions:
- Travel south on Mabel Lake Forest Service Road, aka Lumby Mabel Lake Road to the Village of Lumby (approximately 50 km).
- Turn west towards Vernon on Highway 6 to Coldstream (Vernon) (approx. 20 km)
- Register as an evacuee at the RDNO’s Office at 9848 Aberdeen Rd, Coldstream, BC V1B 2K9. Evacuees can also register online at https://ess.gov.bc.ca/
Important: leave the area before registering
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family and, if you have room, take a neighbour or someone needing transportation. Do not use more vehicles then you have to.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
Further information will be issued at July 20, 2021, at 12 PM or visit the RDNO’s website at www.rdno.ca or the RDNO’s Facebook page.