Based upon the recommendation from the BC Wildfire Service, an Evacuation Alert has been issued by Regional District North Okanagan (RDNO) at the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) due to the wildfire on the east side of Mabel Lake (#K41561).
Because of the potential danger to life and health, the RDNO has issued an Evacuation Alert is in effect for the following areas:
10,000 block -17,000 block of Mabel Lake Forest Service Rd (FSR)- aka Lumby Mabel lake Rd., (incl. properties known as Cottonwoods)
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
Map of the affected area.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move persons with disabilities, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor news/RADIO/online source for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.