Based upon the recommendation from the BC Wildfire Service, an Evacuation Alert has been issued by Regional District North Okanagan (RDNO) at the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) due to a wildfire on the East Kettle River Fire Service Road, Keefer Lake Road (#K42042).
Because of the potential danger to life and health including a threat to infrastructure, the RDNO has issued an Evacuation Alert for the following areas:
Highway 6, 15km east of Cherryville – 25km east of Cherryville
East Kettle River FSR, Kettle River Mainline Rd, Keefer Lake Rd, including Keefer Lake Area.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move persons with disabilities, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating.
- Monitor the news, radio and online sources for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.