The Monashee Arts Council extends an invitation to all of our members new and existing to attend the Annual General Meeting on Friday November 18th from 6-8pm at the Lumby OAP hall at 1737 Glencaird Street.
Join us for reports and refreshments.
Help us imagine the vision for the future of the Arts!
Now Open – The MAC Christmas Store
The snow has once again arrived in our Village of Lumby and with it the Monashee Arts Council is excited to bring local artists to the Village Gallery with our Christmas store which provides a space to all local artists and artisans for the Holiday season. While there are many craft fairs during this holiday season, the MAC Christmas Store offers local shoppers and artists alike, a daily presence for the seasonal shopper.
Open six days a week from 10 to 4 the Village Gallery is full of Artist treasures from Pottery, glass, fabric arts, wood working, and sculpture
Come visit us at the Village Galley, 1975 Vernon street (next to Scotiabank).
New Artists and wares arrive throughout this holiday season
Community Art Classes 2022
Where: At the O.A.P Hall every Wednesday night 6 – 8 p.m. Pre-register at the Lumby Village Gallery. Phone 778-473-3029. Sponsored by the Monashee Arts Council
- Wednesdays, Nov. 2, 9, 16, & 23, 2022
- Ages 12 and up. Facilitator: Nina Westaway.
- A casual drop-in class to work on your own art projects & socialize.
- Enjoy the creative atmosphere and access to professional artistic advice.
- Cost: $20 for 4 classes, or $5 per drop-in.
Art with Heather Smith:
- Wednesdays November 30, & December 7, 2022.
- Ages 14 and up. Instructor: Heather Smith
- Create beautiful works of art with natural wood and mixed media.
- Cost: $10 for 2 classes
Introduction to Soapstone Carving:
- Full Wednesdays Nov. 16, 23, 30, & Dec. 7, 2022
- Ages 15 and up. Instructor: Gail Kopp, member of the Okanagan Carvers.
- Introduction to the fundamentals of soapstone carving.
- *Location: Private studio at McInnes Road, Lumby.
- Cost: $20 for 4 classes plus $25 for materials and equipment.
Handmade Greeting Cards:
- December 14, 2022.
- Ages 12 and up. Instructor: Nina Westaway.
- Enjoy a festive atmosphere as we gather to make creative greeting cards for the holidays.
- Cost: $5 for 1 class
“Lives and Legacies: Artists of our time: Shirley Pattyson”
Join the Monashee Arts Council for this inaugural show at the Angelina Holmes/Potrie Gallery upstairs in the old Credit Union Building. Don’t miss it! Reception with refreshments Friday evening December 2, Day long silent auction and second hand art sale on Saturday Dec. 3th and Sunday Dec.4th
Shirley Pattyson legacy show and sale
at the Angelina Holmes/Potrie memorial Gallery
2100 Shuswap Ave.(rear entrance)
Dec 2, 6 to 8pm (reception)
Dec 3rd and 4th, 10 to 3pm (silent auction)