Lumby’s Pythian Sisters Temple No. 25 was established in 1924 to raise funds for Cerebral Palsy. The first Most Excellent Chief was Mae Pearce. Over the years, Lumby’s Pythians donated more than $45,000 to the North Okanagan Neurological Association (NONA) as well as donations to many other local and charitable organizations. How did they raise so much money? They were great cooks! The Pythian Sisters were famous for their catering, concessions and for many years – dinners for the Lumby Lions. On December 31, 2021, after 97 years of service, Lumby’s Pythian sisters disbanded due to declining membership. The last Most Excellent Chief was Peggy Graham.