John Dyck (1902-1966) arrived in Lumby in 1938 and went to work at Ray Ward’s garage (today’s Lumby Shell). It wasn’t long before John, along with brothers Peter and Bill, bought out Ray Ward and Dyck Brothers Garage was formed. John eventually bought out his brothers and formed Dyck’s Garage Ltd. John married Mary Born in 1941 and together they had a son, Raymond and daughter Marion (Kral). John was active in Lumby, serving as interim commissioner prior to Lumby’s incorporation; he was a member of the Lumby Lions, Lumby Boy Scouts, Board of Trade, Knights of Pythias and Masonic Lodge in Vernon.
Moments in Time – Photos & Memories from the Lumby Museum – John Dyck – November 5, 2021