August 6, 2021 – 23:00 hrs
Based upon recommendation from the BC Wildfire Service, an Evacuation Alert has been issued by Regional District North Okanagan (RDNO) and the District of Coldstream at the Emergency Operations Centre due to the wildfire at White Rock Lake (#K61884).
Because of the potential danger to life and health an Evacuation Alert for the following areas:
- Electoral Area B east of Okanagan Lake- surrounding Swan Lake
- Electoral Area C south of Spallumcheen, west of Forsberg Road (on Silver Star Road) to the southern boundary of Electoral Area C
- District of Coldstream from the north boundary to the south boundary, the area west of Coldstream Valley Estates and Grey Road
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises, property or recreational site within the mapped area should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
Please note: The attached map is not specific to any particular address within the evacuation alert boundary, but a general guideline. Any property in close proximity to the area should be prepared, and ready to evacuate during threatened times.
Interactive Evacuation Alert/Order Viewer Map (Click Here)
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers, immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move persons with disabilities, children or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating.
- Monitor the news, radio and online sources for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.
Further information will be issued as updates are received from the BC Wildfire Service. RDNO residents are encouraged to visit www.rdno.ca, and the RDNO Facebook page, and District of Coldstream residents are encouraged to visit www.coldstream.ca for more information.