The Monashee Arts Council held its annual AGM meeting this past week on November 18th and what a success it was with long time supporters of the arts as well as new members attending giving a diverse look at the Arts in our region.
MAC is thrilled to welcome Theresa Stranack, Julietta Ramirez Basen, Cathy Lansing as well as Debra Holmes to the Monashee Arts Council Board of Directors.
Thank you to all who attended!
“Lives and Legacies: Artists of our time: Shirley Pattyson”
Join the Monashee Arts Council for this inaugural show at the Angelina Holmes/Potrie Gallery upstairs in the old Credit Union Building. Don’t miss it! Reception with refreshments Friday evening December 2, Day long silent auction and second hand art sale on Saturday Dec. 3th and Sunday Dec.4th
Now Open – The MAC Christmas Store
The snow has once again arrived in our Village of Lumby and with it the Monashee Arts Council is excited to bring local artists to the Village Gallery with our Christmas store which provides a space to all local artists and artisans for the Holiday season. While there are many craft fairs during this holiday season, the MAC Christmas Store offers local shoppers and artists alike, a daily presence for the seasonal shopper.
Open six days a week from 10 to 4 the Village Gallery is full of Artist treasures from Pottery, glass, fabric arts, wood working, and sculpture
Come visit us at the Village Galley, 1975 Vernon street (next to Scotiabank).
New Artists and wares arrive throughout this holiday season
Call For Artists – MAC Member Open Show
Calling all MAC Artists, Photographers, Sculptors, Textile Artists, Jewelry designers….
The Monashee Arts Council proudly presents their first Open Show for the month of January 2023 to welcome in the New Year with all of our Artists.
This show is open to all MAC members and there is NO theme and is open to all forms of media.
We are excited to see what works our Artists have been creating this past year.
Applications are available at the Village Galley, 1975 Vernon street (next to Scotiabank) or online at www.monasheeartscouncil.com. Deadline for entries is December 24th 2022. Call 778-473-3029 for more information.
Community Art Classes 2022
- Where: At the O.A.P Hall every Wednesday night 6 – 8 p.m.
- Pre-register at the Lumby Village Gallery. Phone 778-473-3029
- Sponsored by the Monashee Arts Council
- Wednesdays November 2, 9, 16, & 23, 2022
- Ages 12 and up. Facilitator: Nina Westaway.
- A casual drop-in class to work on your own art projects & socialize.
- Enjoy the creative atmosphere and access to professional artistic advice.
- Cost: $20 for 4 classes, or $5 per drop-in.
Art with Heather Smith
- Wednesdays November 30, & December 7, 2022.
- Ages 14 and up. Instructor: Heather Smith
- Create beautiful works of art with natural wood and mixed media.
- Cost: $10 for 2 classes
Introduction to Soapstone Carving
- Full Wednesdays Nov. 16, 23, 30, & Dec. 7, 2022
- Ages 15 and up. Instructor: Gail Kopp, member of the Okanagan Carvers.
- Introduction to the fundamentals of soapstone carving.
- *Location: Private studio at McInnes Road, Lumby.
- Cost: $20 for 4 classes plus $25 for materials and equipment.
Handmade Greeting Cards
- December 14, 2022.
- Ages 12 and up. Instructor: Nina Westaway.
- Enjoy a festive atmosphere as we gather to make creative greeting cards for the holidays.
- Cost: $5 for 1 class