Organic Grilled Barbequed Ribs, And Grilled Garlic Steak With Savoury Butter
Happy Father’s Day from the pages of the Watkins 1990 Barbeque Cookbook to all the great Dads, Step-Dads, Grandpas and Great-Grandfathers in Lumby and area!
Grilled Barbequed Ribs
- 6 ½ pounds (2.95 kg) pork spareribs cut into 2 rib portions
- ½ cup (125 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 5 tbsp (25 mL) 1868 Organic Grilling Smoked Maple Rub
- 2 tbsp (10 mL) Organic Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Ground Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) barbeque sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Organic Baking Vanilla
- ¼ tsp (1.2 mL) Organic Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (1.2 mL) Organic Ground Ginger
- Place spareribs into a large kettle or Dutch oven. Pour in apple cider vinegar. Cover with 1868 Organic Grilling Smoked Maple Rub, Organic Black Pepper and Himalayan Pink Salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 to 1 ½ hours, drain. Cool; cover and refrigerate until 1 hour before grilling.
- Preheat grill to 300F/149C. Combine barbeque sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined. Grill ribs for 10 minutes, turning once. Baste with Barbeque Sauce, grill for 5 minutes. Turn and baste again with sauce; grill 5 minutes more. Serve with remaining Barbeque Sauce. Makes 8 servings.
Grilled Garlic Steak With Savoury Butter
- ½ cup softened butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp Barbeque Sauce
- 1 ½ tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp ginger
- 2 pounds sirloin steak
- To make savoury butter, combine butter, barbeque sauce, parsley, paprika, black pepper and garlic powder in blender or food processor; process until blended. Shape into log and wrap with foil. Freeze until ready to use.
- Combine garlic salt and ginger, rub into both sides of steak. Grill over hot barbeque or in oven broiler, turning to cook both sides.
- To serve, cut savoury butter into ¼ inch slices and serve on just-grilled meat. Refrigerate leftover butter to serve with vegetables or fish or to use on garlic bread or toast.
Want to see your favourite recipe in this space? Lumby Valley Times will be pleased to feature it. You can share it with me at email@example.com or Box 555, Lumby V0E 2G0, send to the Times at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call me at 778-473-0013. Maximum printed length 300 words.