1940 - LtoR: John Kirchsteiger (yard boss), Art Arndt (bush boss), Harold Sigalet (owner) and Henry Sigalet (owner).
Moments in Time – Photos & Memories from the Lumby Museum – John Kirchsteiger – October 29, 2021

As Remembrance Day grows near, we remember John Kirchsteiger (1906-1983) who came to Lumby from Austria in 1936 and created the first Legion cenotaph.   

John was involved in the pole industry for many years.  In 1936, John began renovating the family home at 2265 Shuswap Avenue.  His masonry talent can still be seen on the stone fence columns and stone steps leading to the front door.   John married Hermine in 1938 and together they had two daughters: Linda and Doris.  John was a kind and generous man, dedicated to serving his family and community.

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on email
Email
Share on print
Print