Trucks in front of Lumby Flour and Feed (1950)
Moments in Time – Photos & Memories from the Lumby Museum – Ethel Mary Derry (nee Inglis) – September 24, 2021

Ethel Mary Derry (nee Inglis) (1892-1976) came to Lumby from the United States when she was 6 weeks old.

In 1912, she married Sam Derry and raised 6 children: Fred (Bunny) Derry, Novo Derry, Larrie (Parky) Derry, Robert Derry, Fay (Mrs. Mike Savoy) and Maida (Mrs. Cyril Hopkins).  In 1924, Sam built the “Derry” home at 2078 Park Avenue in Lumby.

The Derry family operated a dairy farm on Shuswap Avenue (now part of Bell Pole & True Leaf operations) and Sam was well remembered as the “Lumby Milk Man” and owner of the Lumby Flour and Feed store.

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on email
Email
Share on print
Print