With the winter season fast approaching the Village of Lumby is asking residents to do their part in helping make the snow removal process more efficient.
Snow removal on all priority routes will be started by 5:30 a.m., depending on snowfall rates, and normally all roads and sidewalks will be completed within 8 hours. Businesses and residents can assist the Village of Lumby snow removal and sanding operations by cooperating with the following:
- DO NOT shovel, plow or blow snow from driveways onto the streets. This snow should be shoveled to the left of the driveway (when looking at the house from the street) to reduce the amount of the snow deposited across the driveway when snow removal is in progress. This potentially creates a dangerous situation for motorists. By placing the snow back onto the roadway after a plow truck has gone by creates issues for our snow removal crews. The plow will need to make an additional run down your street to clean it up which increases the Villages costs with additional staff time, fuel and equipment wear and tear, not to mention delays in getting to other areas of the village that also need to be plowed.
- Remove all uninsured vehicles, boats, etc. from the streets and alleyways.
- Park your vehicles in your driveway as opposed to the street when snow removal is in progress. Failure to do so can result in removal of the vehicle at the owner’s expense.
- The Village does not clear snow windrows from private driveways.
- Children should be advised not to play on snow piles in the cul-de-sacs when snow hauling is in progress.
The Village of Lumby reminds all owners of commercial property that Bylaw No. 838 states that removal of snow and ice must be removed from sidewalks and foot-paths bordering their property within 24 hours after a snowfall or be subject to a fine.
The Village of Lumby is committed to providing great service to our community and appreciates your feedback. Any comments or suggestions can be directed to the Village of Lumby Municipal Office at 250-547-2171 or email@example.com