Municipal Hall – SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTIFICATION
- In light of COVID-19, the office is open for limited services by appointment only. Staff are working Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, and now closed for lunch from 12:00 to 1:00 pm. Please call 250-547-2171 to book your appointment for Commissioner of Oaths, Cemetery Services or any other emergent or urgent matter. We are dealing with all issues as time permits;
- For all bill payments or tax payments please set these up through your banking service and pay these online, or mail in a cheque to PO Box 430, Lumby, BC V0E 2G0;
- Most municipal services are available online through the website at www.lumby.ca. If you need assistance navigating the system, please call 250-547-2171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- If you would like to report a problem, please email these to email@example.com. We will try to respond within 48 hours;
- All meetings in the Municipal Office not directly related to Council have been cancelled until further notice.
Flood Planning – The Village of Lumby would like to remind residents and property owners that protecting your property from the upcoming freshet season is your responsibility. Sand and sandbags are available in the parking lot across from the Curling Club at 2230 Shields Avenue, at the entrance to the Salmon Trail at 1910 Faulkner Avenue, as well as at the corner of Industrial Avenue and Hwy 6. These are not prefilled sandbags so please bring a shovel. Creek levels are rising rapidly so please use extreme caution when near any of the creeks as fast moving water may cause erosion and instability on bank edges. The Salmon Trail by the new Bike Park is closed due to flooding, and an evacuation alert has issued to residents living on the creek. If you are concerned about trees or blockages in the creek, please call Fisheries and Oceans Canada at the Salmon Arm Regional Office at 1-250-804-7000 or the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations.
Below are some of the things you can do to prepare for the upcoming flood season:
- Know the hazards that could affect your property;
- Make an emergency plan on how you will respond to a disaster by following the instructions at the website provided below:
- Make a phone list with emergency numbers and ensure everyone in the household has a copy;
- Sandbagging low areas or areas prone to flooding, following the directions provided by the province on how to build a proper dike:
- Moving items in flood prone areas to higher ground;
- Preparing a to-go bag should you be instructed to evacuate;
- Start your preparations now – be prepared.
ICBC – Currently renewals, transfers, registrations and cancellations are all able to be done via email and phone. Please call the office at 250-547-2171 to speak to a clerk who will explain the process to you. We are short staffed and may not be able to reply to your email for 1 – 2 business days. Payments accepted via Autoplan 12, Credit Card, Cheque or Cash only. If you do not have email, please call ICBC directly at 1-800-328-4484. To defer your monthly Autoplan Payment due to COVID-19 call 1-800-665-6442.
Drivers Licence Services, BC Services Card or BCID – Please call 1-800-950-1498, you will be issued a temporary 90 day paper renewal.
Bylaw Services – Currently all services are being dealt with via the phone. If you have a complaint or other urgent matter for the Bylaw Officer please call 250-547-2171. All matters will be dealt with in a timely manner.
Public Works Department – Currently staff is committed to providing all essential services related to Water, Sewer, Road Emergencies, Cemetery Services, Flooding and other emergencies as they arise. Staff are working hard at physical distancing, so please allow staff to continue working and do not approach them.
Building Inspection – Currently all building inspection services are still available by calling and booking an appointment with the RDNO Building Inspector. Please call 250-550-3700 to book an appointment.
Planning Department – Currently all planning services are still available by calling and booking an appointment with the RDNO Planning staff. Please call 250-550-3700 to book an appointment.
Stay up to Date with Accurate Information:
Stay informed on latest COVID-19 information by visiting reliable information sources:
Mayor Acton would like to thank everyone for your patience while dealing with this ever changing world. Please be kind, helpful and courteous with everyone still working to keep things functioning. Stay safe, keep your distance, wash your hands and stay home when possible.