A recipe from the Watkins website
It’s slightly lewd, but sex in a pan really is the name of this luscious dessert! One theory holds the name came from the fact that when you include the chocolate shavings on top, there are six layers in the pan which eventually morphed into sex in a pan. Donna used to make it for our boys and suggests that if you don’t want to listen to your kids giggling for days, you may want to call it something other than sex in a pan! Whatever you call it, it’s tasty and easy to make.
- ¾ cup butter
- 1½ cup flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1x8oz. cream cheese (you can use light cream cheese, but not spreadable cream cheese)
- 1 large package(144g) instant chocolate pudding
- 1 large package(144g) instant vanilla pudding
- 5 cups whole milk, divided
- 4 cups Cool Whip, divided
- 1 oz semi-sweet chocolate square, grated
- Preheat oven to 350F. Mix together butter, flour and chopped pecans. Press into a 9×13” pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. Set aside to cool
- Beat together the cream cheese, sugar and 1 cup of Cool Whip. Spread onto top of cooled cookie layer.
- Beat until stiff pudding mixes with 2 1/2 cup milk each. Layer vanilla, then chocolate pudding onto the cream cheese filling. Place the last 3 cups of Cool Whip on next and top with grated chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.