- 1 tbsp/30 ml Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp/30 ml Cumin
- 2 tsp/10 ml Chili Powder
- 2 tsp/10 ml Curry Powder
- 2 tsp/10 ml Sea Salt, ground
- 1 tsp/5 ml Paprika
- 1 tsp/5 ml allspice
- ½ tsp/2.5 ml cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp/5 ml Cinnamon
- 1 lb/1.4 kg sirloin cut into 1-inch/25 mm cubes
- Bell peppers, onions, mushrooms or assorted vegetables and herbs of your own liking.
- In a small bowl mix together spice rub ingredients. Sprinkle sirloin with about 2 tbsp/30 ml of the rub. Reserve the leftover rub in an airtight container (an empty Watkins glass spice jar is perfect) and keep in a dark, cool place for future use.
- Thread beef onto skewers, along with veggies. If you’re using wooden skewers, like the classic bamboo, soak them in warm water for 10 to 30 minutes before threading the meat. You don’t want the skewers to cook along with the food, or heaven forbid catch on fire!
- Grill or broil turning occasionally until meat is cooked to desired doneness, about 5-7 minutes.
- Beef Kabobs go well with just about anything. Serve with baked or grilled potatoes, sweet potato fries, rice or salads or any of your favourite side dishes.
- This dry rub is also perfect for grilled steaks and will add amazing flavor to any cut of meat.