Further to the May 5, 2020 media release, and in response to the Provincial Governments release of BC’s Restart Plan, we provide the following update.
Kalavista Boat Launch
Effective immediately, you will no longer need to secure a booking to launch your boat. The launch will continue to be opened as follows:
- May 12, 13, 14 – between the hours of 9:00 and 4:00 for local residents who have on water storage for their boats. You will not be able to park in the boat launch parking lot. This is a “drop and go” service.
- Effective May 15– open dawn to dusk for Kal Lake day users. The boat launch parking lot will be accessible
We remind residents and users that the following is still in effect:
- All beach accesses will remain closed. This includes, but is not limited to, Tamarack Beach, Sovereign Park Beach, Kirkland Beach, Kalavista Beach, Kalamalka Beach, Pumphouse Beach and Westkal Lake Accesses.
- Kinloch Boat Launch and Westkal Boat Launch will be used for non-motorized launches only. Please be advised there is limited parking at both of these locations.
- Kalavista Boat Launch will be used for motorized launches only.
The public is reminded of the following:
- maintain a physical distance of at least 2 metres (6ft) between yourself and others;
- There is an active Provincial Health Officer order prohibiting gatherings in excess of 50 people;
• Continue practicing sound hygiene (cough into an elbow or sleeve, and wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds).
We are currently reviewing the details of BC’s Restart Plan and how we can improve access to our municipal facilities.