The Lumby branch of the Okanagan Regional Library will begin curbside pick-up of holds on June 2nd at 10 AM. The dropbox will be opened for return of items out. Items out are not due back until June 15th to give returns ample time, 72 hours, to be quarantined before staff check them in. Please visit the library website for more information (https://www.orl.bc.ca/hours-locations/lumby).
Phased Re-opening Plan
The ORL is beginning a phased re-opening plan on June 2.
Phase 1 – Curbside Holds Pick-up and Book Drop Hours
Curbside Holds Pick-Up will allow library customers to once again borrow physical materials from our branches.
During this phase, library buildings will remain closed and staff will fill holds requests for curbside pick-up at most of our branches.
Our book drops are opening for returns with limited hours. As we are expecting a very high volume of returns and will be quarantining materials for 72 hours, we want to remind everyone that materials currently checked out are not due back until June 15.
Please respect the open hours of the book drops and do not leave any material outside of the library.
Curbside Holds Pick-Up – How it Works
To borrow materials, simply place holds using our catalogue or by calling 1-844-649-8127, wait to receive your email (or text, or phone) notification that your holds are ready and visit your branch during open hours.
How to place a hold on a book, CD, or DVD:
- Click on the My Account link at the top right of the page.
- Enter your Library Barcode and PIN. (First time using the catalogue? You will be prompted to create a username for your account).
- Search the catalogue and place holds. Customers will be limited to 20 holds at a time during Phase 1.
- Select your Pickup Location – Please note our UBCO and Westside Learning Lab spaces will remain closed initially, please choose from our available pickup locations.
- You will receive a notice by email when your item is ready for pickup.
- Check for Curbside open hours at your location, and visit your library branch to pick up your items. There is no need to call ahead.
- Follow the instructions posted at the library when you arrive for Curbside Pick-up.
- Library staff will check out your items for you when you arrive at the branch, bag them, and place them outside on a table for you to pick up.
Please bring your library card. (If you are a new member who joined online, please bring a piece of ID the first time you visit the library, and staff will get you a permanent library card with full borrowing privileges).