During this lovely week of July, the Senior Team at Whitevalley Community Resource Centre is usually busy planning the final touches of our big, annual Intergenerational Summer BBQ. For many years, this gathering has been a tradition; getting local senior citizens together with the children attending the Summer Day Camp, for a day of festivities. The event is full of games, entertainment and great food. Best of all, the kids and the older adults get a chance to enjoy each other’s company.
Alas, like many other regular celebrations all over the world, we have had to cancel this year. Since the seniors will be missing out on gathering with the youngsters this year, the WCRC Senior Team thought they would post some ‘words of wisdom’, from children to the older generation;
- When your dad is mad and asks you, “Do I look stupid?” DO NOT answer him. – Michael, 14
- Never tell your mom that her diet is not working. – Tim, 14
- Stay away from prunes. – Randy, 9
- When your mom is mad at your dad, do not let her brush your hair.” – Taylia, 11
- Never pee on an electric fence. – Robert, 13
- Do not sneeze in front of your mom when you are eating crackers. – Mitchell, 12
- Puppies still have bad breath even after eating a Tic Tac. – Andrew, 9
- Never hold a dust buster and a cat the same time. – Katie, 9
- You can’t hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk. – Amy, 9
- Do not wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts. – Kelly, 11
- If you want a kitten, start out by asking for a horse. – Naomi, 15
- Love is when you are missing your teeth but you are not afraid to smile. – Emma, 6
Although, we will be postponing intergenerational activities at this time, Whitevalley Community Resource Centre is still offering select senior services and supports. For further information feel free to call the office, 250-547-8866.