The Village of Lumby
(05/04/2020) AND TIME (0800)]
An Evacuation Alert has been issued by THE VILLAGE OF LUMBY at the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC).
DUTEAU CREEK, BESSETTE CREEK AND HARRIS CREEKS ARE RISING RAPIDLY
Because of the potential danger to life and health, the VILLAGE OF LUMBY has issued an Evacuation Alert for thefollowing areas:
ALL RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES LOCATED DIRECTLY ON THE CREEKS WITHIN THE VILLAGE BOUNDARIES INCLUDING:
- 2156 BESSETTE STREET, UNITS 1 – 12
- 2184 BESSETTE STEET, UNITS 1 – 3
- 2187 BESSETTE STREET, UNITS 1 – 7
- 1879 FAULKNER AVENUE, UNITS 1 – 9
- 1880 FAULKNER AVENUE
- 1894 FAULKNER AVENUE
- 1745, 1748, 1751 GLENCAIRD STREET
- 2076, 2066, 2054, 2042, 2030, 2018, 2006, 2007, 2017, 2027 2043, 2051, 2059 HEIGHWAY CRESCENT
- 1730, 1737, 1749, 1750, 1760, 1761, 1775, 1784, 1801 MAPLE STREET
- 1886 SHUSWAP AVENUE
- 2328, 2351 VALE AVENUE
- 1643, 1650, 1653, 1716, 1726 AND 1746 VERNON STREET
- 2176, 2234, 2244 QUESNEL ROAD
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited noticedue to changing conditions.
DUE TO THE COVID-19 SITUATION, THE VILLAGE OF LUMBY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SET UP A RECEPTION CENTRE SO WE ARE ENCOURAGING RESIDENTS TO REGISTER EARLY
REGISTRATION CAN BE DONE ONLINE AT: https://ess.gov.bc.ca/
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Orderbe called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes forquick departure.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Preregister for ESS services at: https://ess.gov.bc.ca/
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor THE VILLAGE OF LUMBY WEBSITE, THE WHITEVALLEY PARKS AND RECREATION FACEBOOK PAGE, THE LUMBY VALLEY TIMES WEBSITE, LOCAL RADIO STATIONS AND LOCAL TV STATIONS for information on evacuation orders.