On April 22, 2020 the District of Coldstream introduced a phased approach for re-opening its parks and public spaces while observing a few guidelines, most notably the health and safety of our employees, residents and parks users as a top priority. In response to the Provincial Governments release of BC’s Restart Plan, we provide the following update.
Effective immediately, Phase 3 will re-open our parks and public spaces as follows:
- • All beach accesses are now open. This includes, but is not limited to, Tamarack Beach, Sovereign Park Beach, Kirkland Beach, Kalavista Beach, Kalamalka Beach, Pumphouse Beach and Westkal Lake Accesses.
- The Kal Beach Parking Lot is now open.
- Kinloch Boat Launch will be used for both motorized and non-motorized launches. Please be advised there is limited parking.
- Westkal Boat Launch will be used only for non-motorized launches. Please be advised there is limited parking.
- The Westkal Parking Lot will now be open. Please obey all signage.
- All parks infrastructure, except playground equipment, are now open. This includes tennis courts and skateboard parks. Playground equipment will remain closed at this time.
- Public washrooms facilities will be open as follows:
- May 23 – Kal Beach, Creekside & Sovereign Park
- May 25 – Lavington Park
- The washrooms will be open from 11:00am to 7:00 pm daily. Please adhere to all hygiene practices and obey all signage. Coldstream Park washroom will remained closed at this time while repair work is completed.
The public is reminded of the following:
- maintain a physical distance of at least 2 metres (6ft) between yourself and others;
- There is an active Provincial Health Officer order prohibiting gatherings in excess of 50 people;
- Continue practicing sound hygiene (cough into an elbow or sleeve, and wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds).
The District will continue to monitor compliance with the stated processes, directives and recommendations and may close its parks and public spaces if there is non-compliance. We will continue to follow