It’s that time of year again, time to send out the cards and find the gift for those special people in our lives. The Village Gallery is once again ready to help with finding those gifts for the art lover in your life with the Christmas store which is now open until December 23rd.
Come in and check out the amazing work that our local artists are bringing in, everything from cards, art prints, pottery, tree ornaments, books from local authors and a wide assortment of beautiful fibre art.
For those who just can’t decide The Village Gallery also has gift certificates.
The Village Gallery is located at 1975 Vernon st, Lumby and is open Monday to Saturday, 10am – 4pm.
Please note that the gallery will be closed on November 11th in respect of Remembrance Day.
Art Classes are Back and filling up fast!
The Monashee Arts Council is excited to help in bringing the Community Art Classes back to Lumby with community favorites and new and exciting new learning opportunities.
But classes are filling up fast so don’t miss out on your chance to get a spot! Some of these classes would even make great gifts for an artist this holiday season!
The purpose of this program is to provide ongoing weekly art classes to the community, offering classes in a variety of mediums, building a sense of community and support during the winter months, and providing an affordable supportive space for people to develop their creativity. The vision is to engage local artists in sharing and teaching their skills to the community. Also, to promote the advancement of the arts in our community by providing a weekly art space and instructors.
Classes will be held at the Lumby O.A.P Hall every Wednesday night 5:30 – 8 p.m.
For inquiries, contact Program Director Jeannette Wilding @ 250-777-2540
Many thanks to the Monashee Arts Council for the Arts Grant that made this program possible.
View the schedule online www.monasheeartscouncil.com
Pre-registration required at The Lumby Village Gallery @ 1975 Vernon Street. Brochures are available there.
Take a look at the shows for 2024
Excited to know what shows will be coming to the Village Gallery in 2024? Heres a sneak peek at some of the themes and dates for the upcoming shows for the New Year. Look for more information in the coming months.
- January 1 – Feb 2 – PATTERNS
- Feb 5 – March 1 – TIMEWORN
- March 4 – April 4 – GILL KOPY MEMORIAL SHOW – Remembering a wonderful photographer and member of our arts community.
- April 8 – May 3 – WATER
- May 6 – June 7 – COMMUNITY ART CLASSES – See the works created by artists of all levels during this years Community Art Classes.
- June 10 – July 5 – FOUND! UPCYCLED
- July 8 – Aug 2 – BOTANICAL
- Aug 5- Aug 30 – FIBRE
- Sept 2 – Sept 27 – PORTRAITS
- Sept 30- Nov 1 – WARNING! ARTISTS AT PLAY! – We all have fun creating and what a beeter way than to showcase our fun out of control artists doing what they do best – Creating Amazing ART!!
- Nov 4 – Dec 24 – CHRISTMAS STORE