Don’t forget to get your 2023 memberships!
Don’t forget to renew your annual membership for 2023! Your memberships help to keep the Arts alive in our community as well as keeps you informed of upcoming shows and events.
MAC Member Open Show
With the New Year upon us the Monashee Arts Council is proud to celebrate the Artists of Lumby and the Monashees.
MAC was created by Artists and for Artists as a non profit society in 1999 to promote the enjoyment of and participation in the arts and culture by all residents of all ages in our region.
We are excited to see what works our Artists have been creating this past year.
At the Village Galley, 1975 Vernon street (next to Scotiabank) until January 28th 2023
Call for Artists – The Four Seasons – Inspiration Canada
Landscape art would be unthinkable without weather.
Fortunately, as artists living in Canada, our natural environments are all subject to the full range of atmospheric and climatic conditions.
Long have Canadian painters braved the elements with their paints and canvases; attempting to capture the explosive majesty of a Canadian autumn, the ominous rise of her glacial mountains above rapids; too-quickly tumbling to be stopped by freezing and long-stretching, summer plains which reach into late evenings. The seasons give us cloudbanks heavy with late Spring’s Thunderstorms, dancing sunlight on Pacific waves and arctic-wind blown snow drifts; encasing anything and everything in sparkling draperies…and ever so much more.
Now more than ever, let us celebrate the richness with which Canada is endowed; Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter – each with their own much-loved meteorological characteristics, through the art of our local artists at the Monashee Arts Council Village Gallery’s February show, ‘The Four Seasons’.
Back By Popular Demand!
- The Community Art Class Program is proud to present: Weekly Art Drop-in sessions
- Monday nights, 6-8p.m.
- A casual drop-in class to work on your own art projects & socialize. Bring whatever arts & craft project you wish. Enjoy the relaxed creative atmosphere.
- Cost: $5 per drop-in.
- Location: OAP Hall
- Time: 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Ages: 8 to adult. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Check out our program schedule on-line at www.monasheeartscouncil.com
- Pick up a printed brochure at The Village Gallery
- Program Coordinator: Jeannette Wilding
Community Art Classes 2023
- Where: At the O.A.P Hall every Wednesday night 6 – 8 p.m.
- Pre-register at the Lumby Village Gallery. Phone 778-473-3029
- Sponsored by the Monashee Arts Council
Introduction to Painting with Fabric
- Wednesdays February 1, 8, & 15, 2023.
- Ages 12 and up. Instructor: Cathy Lansing.
- Cathy will be teaching her method and style of using strips of scrap fabric pulled through burlap to create painterly wall art with depth and texture.
- Cost: $15 for 3 classes plus $40 for materials.
- Wednesdays February 22 & March 1, 8, 2023.
- Ages 10 to adult. Instructor: Robin Ledrew, a well-known artist and teacher in our community.
- Cost: $15 for 3 classes plus $5 for materials.
Introduction to Polymer Clay
- Wednesdays March 15 & 22, 2023.
- Ages 12 to adult. Instructor: Hayley Bouzek.
- Learn basic modelling techniques, also tips and tricks to bring your designs to life.
- Cost $10 for 2 classes plus $TBA for materials.